Tuesday, August 28, 2007

I'm Movin on UP

Hollywood with his Second Grade Teacher

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Hollywood is being moved up to the next level of reading. I broke down and asked. I feel guilty, like I'm bothering Anne with these things. I mean if she has something to tell me, she would send a note home or email me right. But when I asked she said that she needed to talk to me about that anyway. Mrs. K thought he should move up to Mrs. O's literature group because his reading was very good. I am excited and nervous. Hollywood likes nice short sweet answers. Not always what the teacher had in mind. I hope this move motivates him. He starts over there next Tuesday. He is having some trouble with time management though. He is not so excited about math so he takes his time... lots of time... sometimes way too much time. So that is also something we need to work on. I'm just not sure how to keep him motivated while he's at school. I will be working in the classroom on Monday afternoons, so that might help. I will be able to see what he is and isn't getting done because that is when they have extra time to finish anything from earlier that they may not have been able to accomplish. We will see. I really like Anne and I think she is the perfect teacher for my Hollywood, strict and loving all at the same time.

No comments: